Thursday, April 16, 2015

He put my window sticker on crooked!...

He did... 

The state inspection sticker and the sticker for our community gate, were applied at an angle yesterday. 

It all began with a small piece of gravel on the freeway which hit the windshield and made a tiny hole. That hole began to grow, until there was a crack all the way across. Somehow, the cost of the windshield replacement was a little less harsh since the whole window was cracked now, and not just a tiny hole. I kind of felt like I got my money's worth.

When the job was finished, I got in the car to run errands, and I knew... immediately... that it would never be okay. I could have raised my eyes a little higher and not noticed, but no... the angle was there, it was never going to change, not until the next inspection sticker was due, and it could be replaced.

I could hardly wait to get home... those 2 stickers got carefully peeled back one more time, and now... they are straight and all is well.

It was a little bit like seeing a small area of my life that is 'off'... the more I think on it, the more I know it has to go. Funny how these little life things can remind us of other things...

I am so much happier when I go ahead and DO the things that I know need adjusting. 

God didn't have anything to do with the rock that hit my window, but he has everything to do with my awareness of my own crooked stickers, and with the knowledge that all of them can be straightened. 

That's what he does.
                           ----------------
(Above photo isn't my car, but the stickers look like mine did.)


5 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

It amazes me how He straightens us out when we're crooked. Sometimes I wish it was more easy, with me it's a process! To Him be all the glory!

Hugs,
Mary

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

First I am laughing since my new car from my son got a crack in the windshield the week. Yes, started as a very small hole and now goes all the way across the windshield. Your illustration is great. Oh the process in my life...the crooked sin.

Kathleen said...

I so get this! How could we live with crooked stickers? I love the parallel you've drawn.

I laugh because I have throw rugs in front of my husbands chair & the couches in my living area. It drives me bats when they get cattywampus, so I'm forever re-adjusting them.

Life's so much better when things are in right order.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Great illustration and so true and thankfully HE does straighten us out when we get all crooked, if we allow him to.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am right with you on this. I thought it I was alone in this strange malady of mine:) I am constantly straightening out every thing crooked or messy around me. It is tiring:) But, the most comforting thing about life, is knowing that my God is a God of order and detail, and that someday, I will no longer have to straighten things around me. Great post!