As usual, when I am working on losing weight, my mind is FOCUSED on food.
These days, healthy clean eating is becoming really important. I wish I had paid better attention to a dad who ate healthy his whole life, while the rest of us ate what we wanted to...
Today, for the fun of it, can you name your favorite meals?
Here are mine...
1. Dinner at Emma's in Tromso, Norway, 5 years ago when we went to our niece's wedding in my mother's birthplace. Everything on our dinner menu was so over the top that I can't even remember what all was there, only that I had never had better food in my life. Fish so fresh you knew it came from the water, 2 blocks away, that very morning. Each item was so specially prepared that the whole dinner was a once in a lifetime thing.
2. My mother's roast, potatoes, carrots and onions, every Sunday of my growing up years, which was baked to perfection as we sat in sunday school and church getting spritually fed. As we came in the door, she was already in the gravy making mode, and putting a salad together for our 'sit down' feast.
3. Norwegian pancakes like my mother made. Morning, noon or night, always wonderful. My brother used to come in later and eat them cold. There were never any left overs that he didn't finish!
4. Potatiskorv. A Norwegian sausage made from veal, potatoes and onions, hand ground and put into sausage casings and then boiled. She usually made little potatoes with melted butter and parsley to serve with them. It's a good thing I don't know how to make potatiskorv or I would be in big trouble!
5. Pappadeaux fried shrimp with ceasar salad and on a big splurge day... creme brulee. Every taste is delicious!
I have to add a #6... every bite of Thanksgiving Day meals. :)
So... those are mine, what are some of your favorite meals?
I have some eggs hard boiling, for lunch later, with a fruit smoothie. Balanced, healthy and good, but not even in the ballpark with the 6 listed above!
P.S.... Debbie just reminded me that I forgot to include steak and prime rib, and also anything Tex-Mex. Yikes!!