Monday, June 16, 2014

A lesson in love...

This is Gracie and Faith on a recent visit. 

I was sitting at my desk as they played together. When I looked down, I had to grab my camera and capture this unplanned little lesson in love in a photo.

These 2 little girls are only about a year apart in age, and already... they have each other's backs!

Every time we say something about Gracie, she quickly adds... 'and Faithie too'...

I pray that the years will only solidify and strengthen their precious bond. It is so special to have a sister in the first place, and to share a relationship where each affirms the other and stands up for the other is going to be a gift for both of them, all through their lives. 

These little sisters have already won all of our hearts!


13 comments:

Vee said...

Oh such sweetness...

Debbie said...

Oh how precious....soo darling!

Maryann said...

This is so precious, what a blessing to have a sister so close in age

Maryann said...

This is so precious, what a blessing to have a sister so close in age

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Just adorable and should be in a magazine. I always wanted a sister but instead the Lord blessed me with two brothers. What fun these two will have in the years ahead.

Debbie Petras said...

Oh my, how precious! I love the photo and the story behind it. May they always have each other's backs.

Love you,
Debbie

Farm Girl said...

Such sweet girls. They are just lovely.

Saleslady371 said...

What sweeties these sisters are. Love your sweet post and picture. Yes, sisters are a treasure.

Sharon said...

How adorable, Sonja! A living and precious example of how Faith and Grace go together with Love!!

GOD BLESS!

Debbie said...

LOVE this post!!! I am so glad that I took time to visit this morning. In the middle of all my "the world is too much with us" season, you planted this seed in my heart.

Where there are Christian families, there will always, always, be hope.

Thank you, and without being trite, I'll add: May God bless them.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

The miracle of both of these little girls, goes with my miracle and post today also. This is just soooooooooo precious! Enjoy!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

This melted my heart this morning. I think it would make a perfect poster picture! I can see why you grabbed your camera.

Kathleen said...

I just love the tenderness of that photo! My sisters and I are spread many years apart, so we didn't have the sort of relationship your granddaughters do. Even so, we have developed tight bonds over the years.