Saturday, June 7, 2014

Graduation...










This is Courtney, our first grandchild. I am having trouble believing that she is about to graduate from high school and head to college. It was  only a few years ago that she was born... or so it seems.

She is so special to us. I remember getting one of her very first smiles. She has always been active in drama, music and the arts. How many plays, musicals and choir performances there have been through these years. 

When she was barely old enough to talk, she was performing, with her eyes, and her voice. She's a natural on stage.

Courtney... we are so proud of who you are. Your character shines in your life. We are enjoying these graduation days with you, and you know we will be praying as the next chapter begins, and don't ever forget... you were the first, and we love you dearly.

 


Even as Courtney begins a new chapter, I'm so glad
that we still have 7 others coming up the ranks, including this one, the baby of the family... Faith. 

Keep playing in that kitchen for a long time!


10 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Congratulations to your Courtney! Time does go by oh so quickly. Treasure each moment.

Love you,
Debbie

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I'll be 74 when our first graduates from high school. So, all the more reason for me to take extra good care of myself so I'll be able to attend his graduation in fine fashion.:o))) Courtney is a precious looking young lady.

Vee said...

Sweetness on both sides of the grands and in between. Both Courtney and Faith are beautiful...Faith may edge out by a whisker because of that tutu! =D

Cindy said...

So special...enjoyed the photos.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

So, so awesome. She is the same age as my son and will be right here in my backyard...just a couple of miles up the street. UNT has been home for two of my boys and possible a third.
What a precious post. They do grow up too fast, enjoy those little ones.
Now you have a reason to come my way next year.

Debbie said...

Congratulations to your beautiful grand daughter! How fast the time goes. Wishing her much success in her future endeavors. And little Faith is just adorable. Yes little Faith, stay little for a while!

Sharon said...

Congratulations to Courtney - and to you! She is beautiful. May God richly bless her in the coming years.

And yes, the years pass way too quickly. However, God brings us some of the sweetest memories through the gift of our family, doesn't He?? Tastes of heaven, I'm sure...

GOD BLESS!

Felisol said...

Dear Sonja,
You are blessed with grandchildren and they are blessed to be embraced and loved just as they are.
I like the scripture to describe your oldest, ready to fly from the nest. " She's clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future."
What a great upbringing she must have had, to give her this solid foundation.

Debbie said...

Congratulations to your beautiful granddaughter! It just doesn't seem possible that they go from play kitchens to funny square hats in such a quantum leap, does it?

When I was growing up, the "old folks" used to say that. Guess I'm old because I get it.

Kathleen said...

Nearly all of our grands are grown now, with the exception of one busy little 4 year old. Oh I I've treasured each of their lives & milestones. Thank you for sharing this one!