Sunday, February 21, 2010

I love a thought provoking one liner!...

I love thought provoking lines with just a few words... words that stay in my mind and challenge me. There are so many 'one liners' from some of the great men and women of faith through the years...

Here are a few that I particularly love. I'm going to be sharing some others from time to time... words that both challenge and encourage, words from lives that ran the race well, and finished strong!... Here are a few to start off the week...

1. "If the Holy Spirit doesn't do it...there's nothing to it!" (my Dad)



2. "You are as holy as you want to be". (A.W.Tozer)



3. "A man is never taller than when he is on his knees!"


4. "Never doubt in the dark what God has taught you in the light"...














8 comments:

Cindy said...

I like these kinds of one liners too!

Carla Gade said...

Hi Sonja, Those are excellent! I like your Dad's.

Blessings,
Carla

Alleluiabelle said...

Dear Friend,

Yes these certainly are thought provoking lines and pondered on each one and their meaning as I read them. I love them all!

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Nicole said...

The first one causes me to pause and think. I like it. Tell me more about the context in which he used it so that I can learn the meaning behind this one liner.

Rose said...

Sonja, I love one-liners. I have books, papers and all sorts of things with them, because I have collected them over the years.

One of my fav's is the last one...about the power behind us!

If you want to give yourself a treat, and crack up at the same time visit Ashleigh Brilliant's web page. His one liners are hysterical.
Hugs for a great day!
Rose

Nicole said...

Thank you so much for explaining the one liner to me. I am going to write this down on an index card or sheet of paper and tape it to my dresser because I really need this piece of advice right now. God is so timely in everything that He does. He knows just what we need at just the right time and the time for this one liner is now. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my question.

Rebecca said...

Brevity is the soul of wit (Shakespeare, I believe). In the case of these one-liners, "Brevity is the soul of WISDOM". Notice how Proverbs is stocked FULL of one-liners! These are all note-worthy. I shall look forward to more.

Deborah Ann said...

These wise words are wonderful! That last one helps me so much. When I pray about something, I settle on an answer right then and there while I'm in God's Presence. Then later when I'm in the dark and wonder if I should have gone down the 'other' path, I remind myself to do what I knew to do while I was praying. Works like a charm!