Sunday, April 18, 2010

24 slices of cucumbers...

On Saturday, we had a Spa Birthday Party for our grand daughter Avery's 9th birthday. This one was 'mimi's spa party"... and I had so much fun! I am the new queen of "Dollar Tree"!!... There were also treats from Aunt Carol in Oregon!










The invitation asked each girl to come to Avery's house in a cuddly bathrobe, and the first thing we did was put cucumber slices on their eyes and let them 'chill' for a minute.Then they had a warm bubbly foot soak and pedicures applied by big sisters & a friend. Some of them moved into the kitchen and had flowers and other 'things' painted on their faces.

They mixed up bath salts and colored them and added scent so they could bottle them and take home later. There were beautiful cup cakes and lots of color everywhere, with candles and "Secret Garden" music in the background.














She is sunshine and smiles most of the time...
She has a kind heart and cares about others...
She prays with real wisom and depth...
She enjoys telling a cute joke...
Her giggles are music to our ears...
Avery is nine and doing just fine!!

We love you tons Avery!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

13 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

what a darling! she is very blessed to have such
a generous, loving grandma.

blessings,
lea

Tammy said...

Oh, a Spa party! Avery, you have such a nice grandma and I hear the cucumber slices really work. :)

Just a little something from Judy said...

What a pretty granddaughter you have, and what a special, generous and with-it grandma she has. This certainly was a beautiful party. What fun! Great idea. I love ideas...thank you!

Kathleen said...

How clever! I'll bet none of those girls will EVER forget such a girly day.

I'm with Just A Little Something ... "what a special, generous & with-it grandma"!!!

Blessings,
Kathleen

Alleluiabelle said...

Now that's the kind of Birthday party to have...how unique for that special one. What a wonderful mimi you are. Can you come here in July and throw a spa Birthday party for me? Boy I could surely use one right now.

HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY AVERY! You are so beautiful and so is your precious mimi.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Oh my, do you all hire out? I haven't a clue about what to do for a little girl's party. Amelia will turn 8 in August.

So adorable!

peace~elaine

Debbie Petras said...

What a great idea for a young girl's birthday party! I also love how her older sister joined in and helped out in such a kind way.

Happy Birthday Avery!

You have the best grandma too.

Much love,
Debbie

Deborah Ann said...

Wow, what a great party that must have been! I've heard of parties like this. The wheels are spinning for my grandbaby's next birthday...

Just Be Real said...

Oh man, you throw some of the awesomest parties Sonja. Enjoyed the picture and seeing the happy faces. Blessings to you dear.

myletterstoemily said...

good morning sonja!

i tagged you today, but please feel released from
the responsibility of this. just wanted others to
know how much i enjoy your blog.

Saleslady371 said...

So glad to know such a "fashionable" grandma! I just love everything about your spa day! Happy birthday, Avery.

Felisol said...

I guess Avery loves her grammy tons back. What a special Loving, cosy and luxurious birthday party to give the young Barbie girls.
(I hope they still play with dolls. Children grow up so soon these days.)
A wonderful idea, and so very well done.
The girls must have felt like little princesses.
A memory for lifetime.

Thanks for stopping by, just before I go to bed.
Your payers are most welcome.
Hugs from Felisol

GwendolynKay said...

How fun! I love dollar stores too. I see that picture of the girls chillin' with the cucumber slices and I think I can hear them giggling.
Love ya!
Gwen