Monday, April 12, 2010

guess where I'm going??...

This is Tromso, Norway, and I'm going there in July!!

My niece is getting married, my sister's daughter, and she has chosen to be married in Norway, where my mother was born. (Her story here).

We are all so excited!! It will be a fast trip, but we will also get to travel to the northern part of Norway and meet with our aunts and cousins there.

The picture below is my sister and I when we were little girls and visited Norway with my family. Here we are with the 'laplanders', the native people from the very northern part of Norway. We had laplander outfits when we returned to America, and I wish I had kept mine!

I will get to visit my aunt, my mother's younger sister, who was in concentration camp during Hitler's invasion of Norway. (Her story here).

I feel so blessed to be taking this trip. It is a gift from God!

There WILL be pictures to share!! I just got my passport in the mail. I cannot believe the person in that mug shot is me!



13 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW!! How exciting!
Blessings on your journey,
andrea

Debbie Petras said...

Sonja, how exciting is that? Oh how I wish I could fit into your suitcase but I'm sure the airline would charge you triple; lol.

What a perfect place for a wedding, especially with your family roots. I'll have to tell L-Jay from My Little Norway blog.

Take lots and lots of pictures when you're there. I want details! :)

Love from your "other sister",
Debbie

Rose said...

Sonja, I am so excited for you. It sounds like a wonderful trip. I can't wait to see the pics!

Deborah Ann said...

Awwww...you girls are adorable! What a blessing from God to go back to your homeland for a wedding - the most glorious of occasions! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Kathleen said...

Oh boy, you lucky duck! I just know you'll have a blast planning for the trip, not to mention the thrill of actually taking it. July is but a few short weeks away.

myletterstoemily said...

norway! how exciting and wonderful!
i can't wait to see the photos.

as fun as it is to travel, there is no place
like home, though. :)

Saleslady371 said...

This is very exciting. Can't wait for the blogposts so I learn about Norway.

Patrinas Pencil said...

You are blessed to be able to GO! What an awesome opportunity! You will remember such beautiful memories and bring new ones home with you.. I look forward to your sharing....

God bless
Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

Debra said...

Oh this is so very exciting! Norway is on my list of the many places I would love to visit. If I'm not mistaken, Norway is where they have that lovely Ice Hotel each year isn't it?

Look forward to hearing all about the trip! Take lots of pictures!

Blessings

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am so excited for you! A wedding in Norway...how special! Knowing I will get to share in that visit via the blog, makes me so thankful. God loves to bless us with wonderful gifts like this one that He is giving you.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Knowing a little of your story, I imagine this will be a very special trip for you. I'm so excited that you get to go. I'd like to get back to my family beginnings at some point in the near future. That would require a trip to KY and my beloved bluegrass.

Thanks for all of your support and prayers this week. I've needed them. I need them still.

peace~elaine

Crown of Beauty said...

What a great gift you have received, dear Sonja. I haven't visited your blog place in a while, and here I am finally...just dropping briefly to say hello, and sharing this piece of good news with you!

You are a blessed woman indeed. Norway is one of the places I would love to visit!

Love
Lidj

Anonymous said...

Oh How exciting!!! Wonderful!!!