Saturday, October 2, 2010

small card... huge message...

Maybe you've seen this little card, I came across it recently...
The simple truth of it really grabbed my attention...

Too much introspection has been a weakness for me many times. Sometimes even my prayers on my own behalf can get both long winded and more than a little desperate...

He wants us to share our hearts and our needs with Him, about everything, and I do... but my heart tells me that a whining and 'poor me' prayer is NOT the same thing as 'effectual, fervent' prayer... I can cross that line easily when my need is real and immediate...

Simply... what He really wants us to do is TRUST Him... He has promised that He has the answers, even more... that He IS the answer!

When I'm praying for something that hits me close to home, THIS is all the answer I need! It could be painted on one of those billboards...

I have the answer....

It's Me...

Love, GOD

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

(Phil.4:19 NIV)

16 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Lovely, I do the same thing, I get way to introspective and I need to trust the Lord more.
I have never seen that little card. I think it is a great one.

Mocha with Linda said...

I've never seen that before. What a great card.

Thena said...

Never seen it before. It amazes me that we try so hard sometimes to work it out ourselves. When all along he's right there waiting to take care of it for us.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Amen...how complicated I can make it....our poor horns are having trouble...our first four are at their first UT/OU game.
I may have to make me one of these cards...maybe put it on my key-chain....especially after locking everything inside my car today...including the keys!!!

Sandy said...

This is a great card though I haven't seen
it anywhere. I know the Lord means for
the truth of the gospel to be simple.
Childlike faith is what it takes to
receive all His great provision but
sometimes I think we make it harder
than it has to be.

Debbie Petras said...

Once again Sonja your bits and pieces are just what we or should I say ...I need. I can get a bit whiny too as you probably know by now sis. But He is the answer to all of our needs and problems. And I can be reminded of that any time and al the time.

I've not seen or heard of this card until I read it here. If you have any more of those sayings or bits and pieces as told to you by your mom and dad, I hope you will share them with us.

Love you sis,
Debbie

Saleslady371 said...

You make a great point, Sonja! Introspection is something I battle too. I like what you said!

Felisol said...

He will meet all my needs.
That's all I need to know.

sister sheri said...

I've never seen that card... and I will never forget it.

myletterstoemily said...

i love that! simplicity on the other
side of complexity, like "Jesus loves
me, this i KNOW."

thank you for your continual, sweet
encouragement.

enjoy this amazing fall weather!

Cindy said...

I like the card's message. I also sometimes mistake whining prayer with effectual prayer! lol

Andrea said...

Sonja, thank you for sharing the glorious message of this card! Now, may we all grasp the beauty of its message. God is our strength. He is our all in all. He is enough in everything and for everyone.

I am seeking God for effectual, fervant praying.

Thank you for all your love and support. Your prayers are as precious incense to me.

Love,

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I love the card! I get in my way more than anyone I know! :-)

Just a little something from Judy said...

I want to make wall paper of that little card containing that sweet and yet profound truth. How blessed we are to know the One personally who is ALL we will ever need. What a simple and powerful reminder. Thank you my friend.

GwendolynKay said...

You are such a huge blessing from the Lord , Sonja, I hope you know what a "light" you shine for his people to see.
I love ya sister in Christ!!
Gwen

LisaShaw said...

Sonja, thanks for sharing this!

He not only has the answer, HE is the answer for me. I'm so thankful...

Love you!